How to install Office 2016 for Windows
First time installation
Shortly after completing your purchase, you will receive your Microsoft Office 2016 license activation product key you. Afterwards, sign in with an existing or new Microsoft account and enter your key at office.com/setup. Doing this will link your account with Office; please note that you only need to do this once. If you already did this, you can proceed further with the next steps.
For a detailed overview of the system requirements, please check the product page under System Requirements: Office 2016 Pro Plus
Reinstalling Office 2016
In case you need to reinstall Office 2016 on the same device or a new device, you should already have an account associated with your Office activation key. You will need this account in order to download and install the necessary software. In case you need to uninstall Office, please follow the following steps:
- Go to Start > Settings > Apps
- Select Apps & Features and choose the version of Office you wish to uninstall
- Click Uninstall
Download Microsoft Office 2016
- Go to your Microsoft account and sign in. In case you don’t have an existing account, you will need to create a new account
- Sign in with the account that you associated your Office activation key
- Go to Services and subscriptions, select Office 2016 and click install
Note: if you want to install Office in a different language, or to install the 64-bit version, please select Other options. You can then choose the language or bit version you want in order to install.
Install Office 2016
- After downloading Microsoft Office 2016, select Run (Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (Chrome) or Save File (Firefox). If the following message appears: “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” please select Yes in order to proceed.Installation begins as shown bellow
- After Office 2016 has completed installing, you should see this notification message: “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation will guide you to find the Office apps on your PC. You can also find the Office applications, such as Word or Excel by going to Start and then scrolling through the installed apps.
- After installing Microsoft Office 2016, open one of the apps, such as Excel or Word. Most of the time, your Office license should be active right after you agree to the License terms by electing Accept.
- However, the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard will start in some cases. Just follow the steps in order to activate your license and you’re done.