How to install Office 2016 for Mac
First time installation
Shortly after completing your purchase, you will receive your Microsoft Office 2016 license activation product key you. Afterwards, sign in with an existing or new Microsoft account and enter your key at office.com/setup. Doing this will link your account with Office; please note that you only need to do this once. If you already did this, you can proceed further with the next steps.
For a detailed overview of the system requirements, please check the product page under System Requirements: Office 2016 Pro Plus
Reinstalling Office 2016
In case you need to reinstall Office 2016 on the same device or a new device, you should already have an account associated with your Office activation key. You will need this account in order to download and install the necessary software. In case you need to uninstall Office, please follow the following steps:
- Go to Start > Settings > Apps
- Select Apps & Features and choose the version of Office you wish to uninstall
- Click Uninstall
Download Microsoft Office 2016
- Go to your Microsoft account and sign in. In case you don’t have an existing account, you will need to create a new account
- Sign in with the account that you associated your Office activation key
- Go to Services and subscriptions, select Office 2016 and click install
Note: if you want to install Office in a different language, or to install the 64-bit version, please select Other options. You can then choose the language or bit version you want in order to install.
Install Office 2016
- After downloading, open Finder, go to Downloads and open Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg (the name might vary slightly). If an error message appears saying that Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg can’t be opened, please wait and open the installer again. If the installation process gets stuck at the Verifying…. progress bar, please close or cancel and try again.
- Afterwards, click Continue to move on to installation.
- You can then review the software license agreement, and then select Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
- Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
- Log in with your Mac account and then click Install Software.
- Installation will proceed, after it finishes, click Close.
- Go to the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all your apps.
- Select the Microsoft Word icon.
- Click Get Started to begin activation using your product key and follow the easy steps.
If you are looking for the Windows installation guide, click here.